This past weekend’s life lessons.
1. Nobody visits the Scud & Nanny on a Friday night. Once you’re there, prepare to stay till closing time.
2. Super 14 rugby is dangerous. Watching rugby on a Saturday morning, whilst also catching Zimbabwe’s net practice, is asking for trouble. Beware the green bottle.
3. Liverpool don’t like winning, especially when playing the derby against Everton at home.
4. Birthday braais are fun. They stop being fun when you realise you’re so drunk, you can’t even understand the words coming out your own mouth. At that point, go to bed.
5. Zimbabwe cricket still sucks, as we watched the most splendid display of Test batting we’ve seen in a long time. Unfortunately, it was in an ODI.
Actually, these are about half the lessons I learnt over the weekend, but I thought these were the most pertinent. The rest aren’t really worth sharing, unless you wanna hear all about burnt spaghetti and how not to get laid.
That’s another post, another day.